InterVarsity can help you grow and partner with God’s mission even while you’re halfway around the world. Digital Discipleship includes a variety of resources, programs, and support designed to come alongside you wherever you are studying abroad.
Digital Small Groups
If you’re a student who wants to be transformed yourself and be a difference-maker in your host country, then make sure your semester abroad includes a weekly Digital Small Group where you’ll study scripture, encourage one another, pray together, and receive training to be part of God’s big story around the world.
By participating in a semester-long Digital Small Group, the hope is that you will:
- Be rooted in scripture and prayer while abroad,
- Grow closer to Jesus through your experience of being displaced.
- Partner with the global Church through IFES and/or a local church.
- Be equipped to share your faith with someone you meet abroad
- Develop spiritual practices, both new and familiar.
- Come back to the US as a strong leader.
- Who Leads: An InterVarsity staff member or volunteer
- Who Participates: A community of students studying abroad in the same part of the world
- When: Once a week (time based on your time zone & availability)
- Where: Anywhere with WiFi! We meet via Zoom, a free video-chat application. Download Zoom now.
- Once you’ve been placed in a DSG, you’ll receive exact details on your leader, fellow members, time, and Zoom URL.
Do you want to start something new, discern what God is calling you to do while abroad, or just need help processing your experience? Chelsea, our Digital Discipleship Coordinator, is available for one-on-one coaching. Based on your needs, this could be a one-time conversation or regular meetings throughout the semester.
Sample Coaching Topics
- Starting a Bible study with other Christians or with people exploring Jesus
- Starting a regular prayer meeting
- Calling a friend to faith
- Sharing your testimony
- Planning a self-guided pilgrimage
- Talking and praying through personal challenges
Interested in one-on-one coaching? Get in touch with a Study Abroad Advisor.