If you’re a student who’s ready to embark upon a spiritually courageous life abroad and seek a greater purpose in your host country, InterVarsity Study Abroad’s Global Leadership Cohorts (GLC) is for you! GLC is a unique opportunity to catalyze your leadership growth and discipleship while learning alongside the global church and experienced practitioners in missions.
GLC will offer focused discipleship, coaching, and formation to accepted study abroad students split into geographically based cohorts. You will be supported and coached to seek God for a tangible and specific missional activity while you are abroad. We want you to be creative, but some examples might include: starting a Bible study or GIG, regularly serving your city/campus abroad, participating in an outreach project with a local church/IFES movement, partnering with an ISM ministry, etc.
Benefits & Structure
- All-Student Launch Retreat
- Europe Cohort: In-person Launch. Start the semester centering on Jesus with a Launch weekend in a European host city.
- Launch Barcelona: February 10-12 or Launch London: Feb. 17-19.
- World Cohort: Digital Launch experience.
- GLC Cohort Digital Small Group
- Weekly Zoom sessions for encouragement and community.
- Monthly 1-on-1 Coaching
- InterVarsity mentor to coach growth goals and missional activity.
- Mid-Semester Spiritual Formation Retreat
- Virtual Debrief upon return to U.S.
- Sent Handbook
European GLC Student Cost: $350
- Includes two in-person trips but does not include transportation to/from program sites.
Non-European GLC Student Cost: $50
- Includes digital Launch and spiritual formation expeirence mid-semester.
Apply for a Cohort
Fall Application Deadline: August 15th
Spring Application Extended Deadline: January 10th