September 22-24, 2023
No matter where you're studying abroad in Europe you can join other InterVarsity students for a weekend retreat in Barcelona to set the tone for your semester and send you out inspired and equipped to live centered on Jesus.
- Travel to Barcelona
- Arrival and check-in at the flat by 6pm
- Evening session: centering on Jesus
- Dinner out and explore the city together
- Breakfast at flat
- Morning session: a different kind of life abroad
- Morning excursion to Sagrada Família, a famous cathedral designed by architect Antoni Gaudí
- Picnic lunch (weather permitting) and afternoon excursion
- Free time
- Dinner out and evening session
- Morning session: God at work around you
- Prayer, blessing & commissioning
- Departure and goodbyes (ending at noon)
When is Spring Launch Barcelona?
Friday evening through midday Sunday, Sept. 22-24.
Where is it?
We'll be staying in Barcelona city center. Address will be given to registrants.
When should I arrive?
On Friday, plan to arrive at our location between by 5:30pm to check in and get settled. The retreat will begin at 6:00pm.
How much does it cost to attend?
Because of student scholarships, the price for Launch Barcelona is $125 before August 1st. Price increases to $150 on August 1st. (Launch is included in the cost of GLC).
What is included?
The Launch Barcelona rate includes: accommodations for two-night, meals (breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings, lunch Saturday, and dinners on Friday and Saturday nights) and entry into the Sagrada Familía.
What if I need to cancel?
The $50 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
What is housing like?
Please know in advance that space is a premium in European cities - everything is smaller: apartments, houses, hotels, and hostels. You'll have your own bed but will be sharing a room.
What should I pack?
- Clothes appropriate for the weather in Barcelona at this time of year; check the weather before you leave.
- Money for meals during your travel to and from Barcelona, for any souvenirs, and snacks if you'd like.
- Headphones for Sagrada Família visit.
- A journal to take notes, reflect, and write down what you're hearing from God.
Which airport should I fly into?
Barcelona International Airport/Barcelona El-Prat Airport (BCN)
How can I get from the airport to the accommodations?
The address will be provided for registered participants. There are two great public transportation options: the metro or bus.
Can I stay in Barcelona longer?
You are welcome to stay longer in Barcelona, either before or after Launch. You will need to book your own hostel for any additional nights.
When does Launch Barcelona end?
The retreat ends at 12 noon on Sunday. Please plan your travel with enough time to get from the flats to the train/airport, likely flights no earlier than 3pm.
Ask Another Question
Don’t see your question above? Ask it in an email and we’ll get back to you with an answer! Send us your question.
ADVANCE RATE: $125
Rate valid until August 1st. Register by 11:59 CST.
STANDARD RATE: $150
Registration closes September 22nd unless capacity is reached earlier. Register by 11:59 CST.
To register, you must pay a $50 non-refundable deposit.
Register Now for Launch Barcelona