If you’re a student who’s ready to embark upon a spiritually vibrant life abroad and seek a greater purpose in your host country, then join InterVarsity Study Abroad for a weekend in Barcelona or London that will change the course of your adventure abroad.
What is possible by the end of Launch?
- You have a sense of calling and direction from God for your semester.
- You believe that your love for God and your sense of his love for you will be deeper than when you left the U.S.
- You expect God to bring encounters with people who are especially open to exploring Jesus for the first time, whether in your housing, classes, clubs & teams, or travels.
- You understand the stages of transition you’ll go through when crossing cultures, and know how to react positively when the wear and tear of cross-cultural living starts to take its toll.
- You have more confidence to live in, interact deeply with, and contribute to your new culture.
- You are willing to set aside your checklist of “must-see” places and invite God to shape your travel.
- You are eager to connect with a student ministry or church in your host city so that you can learn from other Christian communities.
- You arrive as one of several strangers, but leave as a community of friends after bonding over food, late-night conversations, laughter, prayer, and worship.
Why London and Barcelona?
- You'll experience a city you likely want to visit, but in a way that’s deeper than the millions of tourists who flock to it.
- You'll encounter God in sacred places like Westminster Abbey (where royals have been crowned and historical figures like Sir Isaac Newton are buried) or Sagrada Familia (a whimsical cathedral that’s been under construction for over 100 years).
- You'll bond with other students over local favorites like fish & chips, paella, and tapas.
- You'll perhaps travel solo for the first time to a new city/country.
More about Launch Barcelona More about Launch London