No matter where you're studying abroad in Europe you can join other InterVarsity students for a weekend retreat in London to set the tone for your semester and send you out inspired and equipped to share Jesus with those you meet.
Visit our Facebook page to see pictures of previous Launch London retreats >>
- Travel to London
- Arrival and check-in at the hostel
- Session 1: Vision for the weekend, worship, Bible study, and small-group sharing & prayer
- Dinner and local entertainment (optional)
- Breakfast at hostel
- Session 2: Bible study about living counter-culturally abroad
- Session 3: Workshop on the challenges of studying abroad, small-group sharing & prayer
- Lunch out and optional afternoon excursion
- Previous excursion sites have included the City Museum, Camden Lock Market, Borough Market, the London Eye; entry fees vary.
- Session 4: Presentation from IFES guests about getting involved in IFES while abroad
- Session 5: Bible study about following the Holy Spirit's lead, vision for missional study abroad, small-group sharing & prayer
- Dinner at hostel
- Local entertainment (optional)
- Breakfast at hostel
- Session 6: Worship, guided reflection & journaling
- Session 7: Commissioning prayer
- Departure and goodbyes
When is Launch London?
Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1, 2017
Where is it?
The Highbury Centre
20-26 Aberdeen Park
N5 2BJ, UK
Check out the hostel's website and Facebook page.
When should I arrive?
On Friday, plan to arrive at the hostel between 4pm - 5pm to check in and get settled. The retreat will begin at 6pm.
How much does it cost to attend?
The price for the weekend ranges from $124 to $149 depending upon when the attendee registers for the event.
What is included?
The Launch London rate includes a two-night stay at the hostel, including breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and group dinner on Saturday night that is provided for everyone.
What if I need to cancel?
The $50 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
What is housing like?
You will be staying in a hostel, which might be a first for some of you. A hostel is different from a hotel in that you pay for a bed, not a room, so there is a possibility that you will room with people not attending Launch and not of your same gender. This may be a new experience for you, so we ask you to approach it as part of crossing cultures. Also, know in advance that space is a premium in European cities - everything is smaller: apartments, houses, hotels, and hostels.
At The Highbury Centre, there is a free continental breakfast, as well as a refrigerator if you want to store any items for special dietary needs. Bed linens and towels are provided. There is free storage for luggage and free Wi-Fi in the hostel.
What should I pack?
- Clothes appropriate for the weather in London at this time of year; check the weather before you leave.
- A towel, unless you want to rent one from the hostel.
- A padlock if you want to lock your luggage at the hostel.
- Money for meals during your travel to and from London, for historical sites than may charge minimal fees, and for any souvenirs.
- A journal to take notes, reflect, and write down what you're hearing from God.
Which airport should I fly into?
Heathrow Airport (LHR)
How can I get from the airport to the hostel?
Find directions on the hostel's website.
Can I stay in London longer?
You are welcome to stay longer in London, either before or after Launch. You will need to book your own hostel for any additional nights.
When does Launch London end?
The retreat ends at 12 noon on Sunday. Please plan your travel with enough time to get from the hostel to the train/airport, likely no earlier than 2 or 3pm
How do I pay my balance after registering?
Log in to your registration through this link. Use the email and password that you used when registering. A week before the event, the remaining balance will automatically be deducted from the credit or debit card with which you registered.
Ask Another Question
Don’t see your question above? Ask it in an email and we’ll get back to you with an answer! Send us your question.
ADVANCE RATE: $124
Rate valid until Friday, August 25. Register until 11:59 CST.
STANDARD RATE: $149
Rate valid until Tuesday, September 26. Register until 11:59 CST.
To register, you must pay a $50 non-refundable deposit.
Register Now for Fall 2017