InterVarsity Study Abroad partners with Living and Learning International to provide a study abroad semester designed to combine classroom learning, discipleship in community, and practical internships in this unique cross-cultural setting.
God is using this semester program to challenge college students to live intentionally, to grow in their faith, and to discover how your passions and gifts can impact the nations.
1. Life in Community: Students live and learn in intentional Christian community to grow in faith and understanding of God’s purposes in the world.
2. Academic Courses: All students take required courses in Spanish, Local History, Arts & Culture, and Community Development in addition to elective Bible and general education courses.
3. Service and Ministry: Students gain practical vocational experience through service-learning/internships throughout the semester at site placements based on interests, major, and future career goals. Students also spend 6 days in the Amazon Jungle serving alongside long-term missionaries at a school.
4. Cross-Cultural Engagement: Alongside your internship experience and language learning, you will spend four weeks living with an Ecuadorian host family.
5. Excursions: The academic calendar ends with three weeks remaining for travel. Students visit Machu Picchu, the Galapagos Islands, and the Coast of Ecuador for celebration and debrief.
This semester abroad opportunity is based in Quito, the nation's capital which is nestled within the Andes Mountains. Quito has amazing weather and is famous for its eternal springtime conditions. The city offers rich history, architecture, friendly people and safe living conditions in which to grow and learn.
Talk to an Advisor
Interested in learning more? We are here to help you navigate questions as you discern, work with your university and plan for semester study abroad. Take the next step and schedule an appointment with an InterVarsity Advisor today.
Talk to an Advisor